Thursday, August 20, 2009

I HEART ILARIA


NAME: ilaria urbinati

WHERE WERE YOU BORN: rome, italy

OCCUPATION: fashion stylist/store owner

BIGGEST PERK OF YOUR JOB: shopping for a living

WORDS TO LIVE BY:  i can never shut up until somebody asks me a question. then i blank. in other words, i cant think of any at the moment.

WHO HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST INFLUENCE:   my mom by being a workaholic and a power house and giving me all my favorite romantic epics to read. my dad by being a vagabond artist and the sheer opposite of my mom, introducing me to the Hemingways & Salingers of the world, and seeing the irony in everything. my aunt by teaching me who people like Steven Meisel and Martin Margiela were by the time I was 12. my big sister by being a genius and doing exactly what she wants with her life all of the time. my little sister by being as spazztic & obsessive as i was at her age but making it look cute. my entire crazy artsy family by teaching me how to be an artist with a whole lot of work ethic. my grandparents for putting family first.

NECESSARY INDULGENCE: first class on Virgin America

SIGNATURE STYLE: i dress in themes. with a lot of tomboy thrown in.

5 CLASSIC WARDROBE STAPLES: 

white Keds for summer
Rag & Bone blue a-line skirt (in general, rarely met a skirt i could refuse)
Kettle Black motorcycle jacket
knit thigh highs to get me through the winter with a little sex appeal
button-ups tucked into anything

SECRET TALENT: i have the memory of an elephant

SIGNATURE SCENT: uh, deodorant? not into perfume. except my boyfriend's Tom Ford black orchid

DREAM VACATION: cross country road trip through the south and up the coast with my boyfriend and my imaginary dog Waffles (named after Diane Keaton's dog in Manhattan)

PRIZED POSSESION: i collect books i read all growing up but didnt keep. everyone has these crazy libraries of books they've never read. i liked the idea of having a library of all books i have read. 

GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT:  i have the best friends on the planet. it took me years to pluck out the bad seeds.

WORDS OF ADVICE TO THOSE LOOKING TO FOLLOW IN YOUR FOOTSTEPS PROFESSIONALLY: work your ass off. as with most jobs 8000 other girls would kill to do, you gotta always stay on your toes, you can never get lazy and you always gotta stay excited, inspired, and in love with your job. that said, you know, in the end - its just clothes. you can't lose perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment